The top five reasons to spay neuter your pet:
1. Live Longer. Intact pets have higher odds of getting certain cancers and urinary tract infections.
2. No More Roaming. Pets are less likely to go looking for a mate and be hit by a car.
3. Happier Pets. A fixed pet is not as stressed thus cutting down or eliminating behaviors such as marking, howling and aggression.
4. Happier Neighbors. Intact dogs that get loose are more likely to bite, spread disease, damage property and reproduce.
5. Stops Animal Overpopulation. County shelters are full of adoptable dogs and cats that are euthanized for space and this process costs taxpayers hundreds of thousands per year.